Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weather, time, safety factors push truss pick to tomorrow

Crews had plans to remove the truss on the east half of the bridge today, but the weather got rough, it started getting late and project decision-makers decided to err on the side of safety and live to fight another day.

Tomorrow morning they'll start the process again if the weather allows.

We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I know you have glitches to work out... but you had some unhappy people this morning. It says you have ferries leaving every 30 minutes starting at 4AM. There were people, husband included, that went to catch the 5AM boat. Surprise. There is only a 4:30 and 5:30 boat? That gets husband to work an hour early or 30 minutes late each day. Also it says your buses leave every 10 minutes. We sat on the bus at Shine yesterday morning for 30 minutes. Are we misunderstanding? If we are... so is others. Mostly, good job though!